She is not young anymore, approximately ten years old, and she likes a quiet environment. She looks for a place where she is out of the trouble, but can hear anything what’s going on.
When I check on her, I am met with a soulful gaze, and when I talk to her, she wags her tail. Of course it makes things easier for us that she is so easy to handle. We take care that she has quality time with us, when everything is about her.
She seems to be happy here, and we hope we will have many more happy hours with her.
Today we started OT with a round of progressive muscle relaxation. After that, we had coffee and sweets and discussed what we will do next.
We didn’t do anything creative today, but nobody wanted to leave. We are a wonderful group, we just connect to each other.
It looks like the relaxation group can start in three or four weeks, so everything goes according to plan.
I may not talk much about our cat Jackie, but she is still with us. We cuddle every day, and this is very good for my mood.
Today was her yearly check-up at the vet. I tried not to think about the fact that my heart cat Jackie was with us the last time, otherwise a few tears would have been shed.
But everything is alright, Jackie is healthy, even though she is fourteen years old now.
We drove home in a good mood, and I became aware of the fact that the bond between me and our furbabies is very strong.
And one thing is sure: We walk this way together until the very end, in good and bad times.
I think the increased thyroid medication is kicking in. The last days have been better, I didn’t feel so tired. I hope there will be more improvement, but it’s a start.
My husband took today and tomorrow off work, and I love doing the normal things together like we had all the time in the world. Walking the dogs, grocery shopping and everything are so much more fun if you can take your time doing them. We enjoy it immensely.
So I proudly join the TToT-community again. Let’s see what I can contribute:
- My husband was away for a training last week. I got along, not always well, but I managed.
- Got some things done I didn’t have the energy before. But anyway, it’s done.
- My parents enjoy their holiday immensely. I am happy for them.
- The weather is still sunny and nice, so being outside with the dogs is nice and my husband can go fishing.
- Finished my painting in OT. That’s always a satisfying feeling.
- My MIL is very supportive concerning my thyroid problems. This is always helpful.
- Had a wonderful girl time with our cat 🐈. This is rare in summer, because she wants to spend much time outside.
- Was able to stand my ground at the dentist, when they suggested an expensive treatment that is not necessary.
- Found new, delicious kinds of yoghurt. Sometimes it’s nice to have a change.
- My husband won’t work Monday and Tuesday, so I hope for a good start into next week as well.