So I proudly join the TToT-community again. Let’s see what I can contribute this week:
- Tuesday I finished my part of our mosaic! After all these conflicting emotions I was very thankful this part is over. There are still some minor things we need to do – like grouting – but the hardest part is over.
- I am thankful I persevered and didn’t quit working on the mosaic. Finishing something is a really good feeling and good for my ego.
- On Wednesday I met with my father, and we had ice cream! A very good idea, and we both enjoyed it very much.
- The weather was really hot last week. I am thankful my loved ones (two- and fourlegged) are ok.
- Went to relaxation group on Thursday, despite the heat. It was a good session, and I am glad I went.
- My therapist was on holiday, so my single OT session was on Friday, not Monday. I finished a basket another client in OT had begun. It was good to see the completed project.
- On Saturday my husband and his friend worked on the terrace for another ten hours in the heat. They put on the insolation and sealed it. Like always, my husband’s friend was optimistic and improved our mood. There’s still a lot to do, but we like to have everything done thoroughly.
- On Sunday I went with our friend to a summer party of a shelter that helps dogs that are declared dangerous here. Many humans followed the advice and let their furbabies at home, where they were safe from the heat. And that was a good thing.
- I was very grateful I could watch a very heartwarming moment at the party. A female American Staffordshire (very dangerous!) went to a little girl (about seven years old) and gently nudged her. The mother said: “Oh well… I always tell her not to touch a dog first. But if the dog touches her first…” and just shrugged. The dog was so careful, and the little girl was full of love. These are the magic moments I like to watch between humans and animals.
- My friend introduced me to a dog trainer, who will help us with our Sam. She put me at ease instantly, and gave me a good feeling. We will see how it turns out, but it was good first step.