So I proudly join the TToT-community again. Let’s see what I can contribute this week:
- Monday was a banking holiday. It meant we had a quiet day, and we enjoyed it. The shops were closed and there was no traffic.
- Tuesday I got a lot done in OT group and left very satisfied. No pressure, I just had fun doing it. That was nice for a change.
- On Saturday we continued working on our terrace. I am so thankful my husband’s friend promised to help us in his free time.
- I was very tired Saturday morning and decided to take a nap after breakfast. I am thankful I did, because it turned out to be a very long and tiring day!
- My husband’s friend suggested we start early, and that was a good thing, because things got worse before they got better. So I am thankful he was prepared for everything!
- When we started turning down the isolation, we found out everything was wet, even the concrete… Well, now we know where the problems with the basement are coming from. We were shocked, but my husband’s friend stayed optimistic and promised us we will solve this. I was so grateful for his good mood, it helped a lot.
- I was able to help, and this always makes me feel good. I did nothing spectacular, collecting everything the boys turned down and bringing lunch, but I was part of it.
- After scraping the old and useless isolation from the terrace, my husband and his friend finally could bring on the new isolation. That took a few hours, but the boys were very thorough and my husband’s friend promised us we will never have to deal with this again. Woohoo! What a relief, it was so good to hear this.
- Our plan for Saturday was that my husband works on the terrace and that I walk the dogs with our friend and her dog. I had to cancel, but our friend was very understanding. I am thankful for that!
- My husband’s friend promised us to come back in two weeks and help us again with the insulation. Hopefully we can take it from there, but I am thankful he helps us with the things we can’t do on our own. Our terrace is far from finished. but we are on our way!