So I proudly join the TToT-community again. Let’s see what I can contribute:
- My husband and I talked about his upcoming birthday party, and how we could make it as pleasant as possible for everybody. He likes to have his family around, on the other hand it is very difficult for me to be near his sister’s baby. But I think we found a compromise that works for both of us. I am glad we finally had this talk, because I thought this for a long time. It really cleared the air between us.
- I talked about this with my mother (again), and said I wasn’t sure if I was up to hosting my husband’s birthday party. She said: “You both agreed to do this, now don’t make it worse by second guessing it and just give it a try. You’ll be fine!” I needed to hear this.
- My OT therapist encouraged me to give my husband’s birthday party a try as well. She – like my mother – said I will rock this, and that I am stronger than I think. It’s so good to have so many people backing me up and helping me. Not everybody is so lucky.
- I enjoyed working on my projects in OT this week (a mosaic in group OT, weaving a basket in single OT). And after all those talks about the upcoming party, I absolutely NEEDED our relaxation group on Thursday! It worked wonders.
- Our friend’s dog, sweet little Irmi, was very sick and suffered from pancreatitis and gastritis. Finally, she seems to get better! I know from my own experience how hard it is to see your pet suffer.
- Our fish tank does not only look nice – we found out that at least three of the shrimps are carrying eggs, and the snail population multiplied already… Well, we must do something right, and it’s good to see that the animals like their new home so much. We are responsible for their well-being, after all. And the plants are growing like crazy.
- Even though it was a difficult week, I managed to keep up with my chores and walking the dogs. When I felt stressed, I took a shorter walk, but I managed to stick to my schedule. I am more resilient than I was last year, and I hope I never forget this.
- I made my own bread, and we both enjoyed it so much. I am glad if I can make my husband happy, and I will keep this up if possible. It’s healthy to know what’s in your bread anyway.
- The snow is finally gone, and I hope it stays this way. I also saw the first buds on our quince bush. Spring comes nearer, and I like it. This winter was exhausting.
- I met with my father, and it was wonderful. We will meet on February 18th again to do my parents’ tax declaration. I like to help my parents, because they do so much for me.