So I proudly join the TToT-community again. Let’s see what I can contribute:
- I am very grateful for the new year. 2018 was very exhausting, even though I learned a lot. Let’s hope 2019 will go easy on me.
- It was sad we had to go to my uncle’s funeral on Wednesday, but this brought up so many things to be thankful for as well. First, I felt very honored that I was invited to the funeral, because there had been times when our families completely fell out of touch. Even though these times are over, things had been tricky and I am glad we all were able to put the past aside for now.
- I was so thankful to have my father by my side at the funeral. It must have been hard for him to go to another funeral, because he had to say goodbye to three friends in 2018. But we can always count on him. Not only did he help my mother and me through this, he also knew exactly what to say to my aunt and my cousin as well.
- I am so grateful for my mother. My brother was her last sibling, but she tried to console my aunt, my cousin and me. She is such a caring person. She thanked my father and me that we were by her side – of course we were.
- When we stood at the grave and the coffin was ready to be lowered into the ground, we were asked to say the Lord’s Prayer for my uncle. This was a powerful experience, I felt we all were united by praying together. I am grateful I could be a part of this.
- While listening to the funeral speaker, love for my uncle felt my heart, and I recognized I have a choice: Stay resentful and bitter, or forgive those who have hurt me. After all, I never walked in their shoes. So I started with forgiving my uncle, and my heart felt like a huge weight have been lifted. It was the right thing to do, and I am thankful for this experience.
- After the funeral, we all were invited to a restaurant where my uncle liked to eat. Two hours later, everybody left feeling happy, even my aunt and my cousin. I know they will grieve for a long time, but for a moment they were comforted by having all of us around them, remembering my uncle.
- When I got home after the funeral, I was very thankful that my husband and the pets were alright.
- Before I went to the funeral I felt very bad and had panic attacks. I am so glad I went anyway! I felt so much better afterwards.
- My husband didn’t work from Christmas to New Year. We enjoyed having time together. The fish tank in the living room is not finished yet, but we put the first fish in it. We like to sit in front of it and just watch, it’s so entertaining.